January 8, 2010

Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't!?

Ok I wouldn't use that joke if it wasn't something we've heard in real life. The first time I heard about it a good friend was recounting one of his favorite bus rides ever. A few months back, I heard a father say it to his son. It makes me laugh. Every time. A lot.

La Costa is a small place off Sierra Vista and Swenson. It's tucked into this shady looking strip mall that has like 2 or 3 things still open. The first time I went was with a coworker who kept telling me it was fine, the place had great food. I was worried. I was hungry. I was intrigued.
So far I've had their tacos, burritos and tortas. I love a good sammich, and their tortas make me happy every time. Their burritos, though, are why I go there for lunch. For $3.99 you get an all meat burrito. No onion or cheese or rice filler. Just this wonderfully seasoned meat that falls apart in your mouth. It's not often that I will brag about meat being in my mouth, it makes me feel dirty to say like that, but this stuff? Yeah it's fine to talk about like that. I'm good with it. Give me your big meaty burrito!


Ahem, enough of that.

I've eaten at Roberto's and their many clones, and for those of you that have, the serving sizes are about the same, if not a little bigger. The main difference is where Roberto's is "Yeah that was good.." this place is more of "Nom.. Mmm yeah Nom nom nom nom good.

It's a small joint, I think I've seen three workers total, and it's fine by me. It's open early, and late until 11:00pm. I think the longest I've waited for food was about 10 minutes. It's worth the jaunt over any time, and they always seem happy to have people coming in.


No comments:

Post a Comment