January 4, 2010

Pasta Nommy!


It wasn't too terribly long ago that Kobold and I ventured to our newest favorite Italian food place. It's called Pasta Mia and it's on Flamingo and Arville, just west of the strip. I have to say it, OMG it's delicious. It's Zagat rated/approved and though it's in a sort of weird looking strip mall-ish location (right next to the Loose Caboose, if you're interested), it's absolutely lovely inside. It's definitely a good place to take a date. It's the sort of place that has real (oh no, not that!) table clothes and napkins.

Moving on, while we were there we happened to be one of very few customers, but we did hit it off-hours, so we'll go ahead and assume they have healthy traffic flow, despite strange location.

I chose the Lasagna - as I'm told that the true measure of an Italian place is, of course, the lasagna (and I'm more than slightly partial to such things) and Kobold had the Penne Arrabbiata (15.99 and 12.99 respectively). While we waited for our meals, we were treated to Richard Cheese Christmas music (OMG amazing) as well as garlic bread that I would have killed babies to get again. Seriously. Babies.

Also, our waiter was very courteous and had an excellent sense of humor. This rates highly in my book, as I spent many (many... many...) years as a server and I know how restaurants and servers/chefs should behave. Beware, I tip well if you do well and if not, I feel no pity whatsoever leaving no tip at all.

Moving on, my lasagna can best be described as a "food-gasm." The portions here are absolutely humongous and despite the slightly-higher-than-I-was-initially-willing-to-pay prices, let me tell you.. you will stuff yourself and still have leftovers. Let's not forget - Kobold and I are fatties, we can pack away some food if we want to, and believe me we were trying.

It was some of the best Italian food I've ever (yes ever) had... the sort of food that you eat until you're full and then-some. I could not stop eating, it was so good, I ate past the point of full and almost made myself sick.

I don't suppose that sounds terribly appetizing, but that's the way it is.

Here be a link to their website: Pasta Mia!

Please be advised. If you go here, you will eat too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment