January 6, 2010

Mmm Pizza makes me fatter

Ahh the joys of Pizza Joints in Vegas. There are of course the mandatory chains, you know, the Pizza Huts and the Papa Johns and the Little Caesars, but there is at least one place in this town that makes me happy.

Rebels Pizza.
It should come as no surprise at this point that it is, of course, by the college. What can I say, most people die within 20 miles of home, I eat within 5 if I can. Here they have a cheese pizza for under four bucks ($3.50). It's gooey and yummy, but not overly greasy. That's my biggest beef (Hahaha beef) when talking about a cheese pizza: Normally it's cheese and grease. While I'm a fan of using grease to get the job done, when you eat a pizza and have to wash your shirt afterwords, it's not nearly as fun as it should have been.

Their peperoni isn't as great, in my none too humble opinion, but it's pretty awesome in it's own right. They smother these things in meat. It's marvelous.

There are college specials, sammiches I've yet to try, and random sides (such as decent mozzarella sticks) . I'm a pizza fan, and need to break this habit and try more, but for now that's where I'm at. Though I have one negative: their cheesy garlic bread. It's kind of blah. It's the one thing this little joint failed on, that I can tell. It's open quite late, is decked out in Red and Grey (Go Rebels), and is definitely worth traveling to this part of town for.

No comments:

Post a Comment