January 5, 2010

I eat many noodles.

I am a fan of Asian food.
Then again, being a tried and true fatty, I really am a fan of any food. But for now, a triple decker for everyone.

1: Noodle House in the GoldCoast.
This was a good little place to come upon inside one of the classics of Las Vegas. It's off the strip just a tad, has good prices, and me and Rabbit both nommed hard. The food took a minute to get to us (it's all prepared nice and fresh) so the nice manager brought us an extra appetizer. Now, it was a few weeks back, so hopefully Rabbit will come through with remembering what we ate.
Update: Rabbit came through for me. She had Sweet and Sour chicken, that was good. I had Chicken Chow Mein and was impressed. Our appetizer that was ordered was crispy duck (mmm duck), and the freebie was orange chicken, that was really good too.

2: Thanh Huong
This is a place not far from UNLV. I've eaten there probably far too often in the last year. I've eaten many of their wonderful sammiches, their noodle plates, and of course, pho. This place definitely rocks up there as one of my favorite places to get lunch. It's quick, clean, and close to work. Me and a coworker eat here normally for under $15 total, but have yet to spend more than $20.

3: Chow King
This is another joint near the college. It's essentially fast food. They have sio pao, noodle plates, and the thing I go there for the most: Spicy chicken. They have a schezwan style powder they coat the fried chicken in, and it's just good. It's not overly greasy, it's cheap (2 pieces and a side for around $5), and it's good. The side is rice and a mushroom gravy. I'm not sure, over all, what the deal with the mushroom gravy is, but I'm not knocking it.

These are three quick and easy picks for the day. Definitely make me nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment