January 19, 2010

Blue Fin Sushi

Ghryc and I are big fans of sushi - and on the rare occasion that Kobold is feeling adventurous and has it on good authority that the cross-contamination at that particular place is nonexistent, he'll try it too. On this occasion it was just myself and Ghryc, though and we went for some all-you-can-eat sushi at Blue Fin. It's on Sunset almost to Hender-tucky but still technically within the city limits. Also, apparently, it delivers. Oh, how I wish I were within range. You can find their website here .

Let me add this in here: Ghryc can put away some serious amounts of food in general, but watching him eat sushi and sashimi is... well, it's almost like watching a true master paint a portrait or listening to a musician really get into the groove. This man can eat when he wants to and on the occasion that you get him to a sushi place, there is no other choice than 'all you can eat' for him.

Myself, I'm content with one, maybe two rolls (the rice is filling, ok!) and I'm good for the while... never mind that I'll be hungry in an hour or two once everything has settled. So, to give you an idea of the general gist that we ate, I'll include the ones I remember myself eating and... well, I'll give you the rundown of what Ghryc said about the massive amounts of food he packed away.

I always have tempura-something (I'm not a fan of raw fish, I prefer the cooked or tempura-ed rolls), so this time I chose the tempura shrimp. They were light and crispy, not overcooked and generally wicked delicious. I also believe I had the crystal shrimp and/or a godzilla-type roll (shrimp, avocado, fish sauce, et all) which was also quite good. I'm a good kid when it comes to eating but also I want to mention the portions here were quite large, so for a normal fatty, 1-2 rolls just might do you in.

Ghryc is a fan of sashimi and ....whatever the little quail-egg-thingies-with-orange-balls-on-top.. things are, so he had those, as well as some spicy rolls and some cooked rolls, all of which he declared absolutely delicious. This is only one of the many sushi restaurants that he frequents but it is one of his favorites, as the price is decent and the portions large.

No comments:

Post a Comment