January 14, 2010

And to think I was so happy

So I think I posted too soon. See, it'd been a bit (December) since I'd been to Rebel Pizza when I wrote my review. Until now they were great. Let's just start from the basics..
They has an almost 50% increase in their cheese pizza prices. Now you have to wait for a $5 pizza, when you can walk into any Little Caesar's in town and get one hot and ready. Ok, I can deal with a wait, it's a better pizza and fresh. For this I am ok, though a little sad. So I call in my order before I leave work, like a good kid, get there a few minutes later (about 5, really) and pay. The guy on the phone said 15 minutes, so I'm cool. I chill, and I wait, and I watch. After the SECOND person that came in after me got their pizza, and by now it's almost 40 minutes since I called, with no "Hey dude, running behind, sorry" or a "Oh crap, sorry Mr. 6' 270lb hard to miss man, we forgot about you" I roll up to the counter. The lady looks at me, confused a second, and then remembers my name. She looks for the pizzas, and moves to two that have been sitting there for at least 10 minutes, both pepperoni. I called in a order for a cheese and a pepperoni, not a hard thing.

"Oh we're working on the cheese right now!" meaning, 'I'll give you this cold Pepperoni, and ha, oops.' Well, no, I have places to go. So I ask for my money back. She looks at me like I just slapped a midget. "Hold on a second," calls the next order up (I'm ok with this, dude's been waiting at least 20 minutes), and guess what?! His fries aren't ready! She runs out to put his fries in, and tells me, looks at me "You want just two pepperoni?" meaning 'Do you want these pepperoni pizza's that have been sitting here getting cold for now about 15 minutes?" I tell her no, I just want my money. "Well you'll have to wait. I need to get it signed for" what ever, I'll wait, more.

Interjecting: While I've been sitting here I've seen
  • Cook wiping his mouth on the rag in his apron where he's wiping his hands off from the flour.
  • Dude in the back scratching his nose and then putting food in boxes
  • Old man in the back scratching his head and then handling food
Dude that was scratching his nose, during all this, asks if I needed help, girl interjects, says she's helping me. Finally old man comes, signs the note after she goes over the story in a condescending tone. I get my money and bail, 45 minutes after my initial call for an order I was told would take 15 minutes.

Now, these aren't the people I normally saw in there. We'd gone numerous nights of the week and saw the same people over and over, so maybe they've changed staff and what not, but as of now, I'm not going back. Between the bad hygiene habits and the crap-tastic service, why would I?

So, this is the first bad review of our loverly food blog, and I'm sad to say it's retracting a formally great review.

No comments:

Post a Comment