January 12, 2010

Hashing a Favorite

-
Over all I think it was agreed that
Hash House A Go Go would be something that needed multiple posts and opinions on, but after Rabbit's Rampages of Writing I think I need to play some catch up and express my undying love and adoration for this Urban Farm Food.
There is far too much food here. No, really. Every portion can pretty much feed two, if not a third. We've gone here, we being me, Rabbit, and my loverly girlfriend, at least three times, maybe more like four. The problem is eventually it all blurs into one big round of "OMFG I can't move, I eat too many."
Listing things off, I know we've tried
  • HH Famous Meatloaf, roasted red peppers, fresh spinach and smoked mozzarella
  • Andy's Sage Fried Chicken w/ maple reduction, 2 eggs, bacon mashed potatoes & biscuit
  • Grilled portobello mushroom
  • The Kokomo
  • Hash House Quesadilla stuffed w/potatoes, jalapenos, eggs & tomato w/ chili cream
I wish I could remember everything, and I know I'm close. We've also had their breakfast drinks. They have a mimosa that is based of Aste' and Tangerine juice. Their bartenders mix a good drink. It's easy to get too much or not enough booze in a mimosa, especially first thing in the morning, but never has that happened yet. They hit it right on the money. I enjoy their Breakfast Martini, when I can get it. It's juices, and booze, and a cinnamon sugar rim. Ok it's a little foofy for my usual fare, but yeah first thing in the morning when you roll out of bed at 11:00am it's something that makes things better and right. It's sweet, and smooth, and has booze. what else is needed?! Good food.

Look above at those selections. I wish I could describe them all in their mouth watering evil fullness, but I can't, because I'm not verbose enough to give them adequate praise. The Quesadilla is a great breakfast treat. It's starch with a side of starch, and some eggs for good measure. It's well seasoned and FREAKING HUGE. If I haven't mentioned it yet (I think this is only the fourth time) their portions will make you ache. And it's worth it.

The Kokomo is a meatloaf sammich with mozzarella on milk bread. It's this monstrous sammich that comes on a large plate and stares at you, taunting you. The Portobello Mushroom burger is equally large, and almost good for you. These are both wonderful selections if you're not quite ready for breakfast, because it's lunch time when you get there like us.

The Chicken, eggs, and potatoes is a wonderful meal. The chicken breast had to be the Dolly Parton of Chicken's because it's ginormous. And there's this maple reduction that's drizzled along the plate that makes me gyrate my hips in anticipation. Ok for those of you that don't know (aka most of you at this point) I am a sucker for maple. It is my weakness. It's an addiction I keep in check by living in the Southwest so it's too expensive to live off of.

The meatloaf had to be a pound of meat. It's not like Mama cooked it, because Mama never cooked meatloaf this good. It's huge, and tasty, and goes really well between two slices of bread the next day at lunch because like everything else, I had left overs.

There is a downside to this now-chain of off the chain Twisted Tractor Treats. The service is always a bit slow. In their defense it's because we're always there when there are people eagerly and happily waiting upwards of an hour for a table in a town where you can walk five feet and probably find more food, but still, I get cranky waiting for drinks. At least the bar is fast. That makes a lot of things tolerable.

I haven't had a chance to do their dinner menu yet, but it's on my list of noms to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment