January 23, 2010

Mm burgers. or "Rock Paper Scissors FTW"

I'm going to do some back to back posting because I think these next two burger joints deserve their own love, for many different reasons.

Starting with the more recent of the two, "Grind Burgers."



Me and Ms. Rabbit were driving around looking for places to eat, and had to make a shell world (Mostly illegal lane change over multiple lanes of traffic in order to turn "Right now!") because we saw a wood fired pizza joint. Well, then we saw a place labeled "Burger Bar." Some quick rock, paper, scissors later, and we were rolling into the burger joint.

Very modern design with high and low tables, really fun filament light bulbs hanging low (Mmm techno lust), and a great logo on the wall (You know then one of the sexy naked lady with her body dotted out for portions of meat).

Sitting down, they bring us over a clip board with a pencil and a paper with dots to fill in and choices to circle. It was time for class!!! So me and Rabbit are good kids and right out name, period, and class at the top of the sheet and get going. Nerd, ho! Ahem. Their menu had a beef burger, turkey, chicken, and meatless. I had the beef. Rabbit being the communist/adventurer/food blogger she is had a turkey burger. Some pepper-jack cheese, peppercinis, and marinated onions later, and I was ready to pick some "sauce." I did roasted garlic mayo and dijon mustard. Rabbit had honey mustard and thousand island on her fancy turkey burger.

Lets talk sides. we got onion strings (a mountain of them. No, really, this stuff was piled 8 inches high), and with dinner fries/potato wedges. With descriptions like

Sweet and Neat (is just the treat)
Short and Thick (will do the trick)
Tall and Thin (easy to put in)

You just know we had to try them out.

They get our drinks out to us quickly, and we begin the game of oogling the place. Very modern industrial. Shiney metal, fun lights, as I've mentioned, and metal chairs. It didn't take long for us to get our onion strings (again, mountainous) with chipotle ranch sauce that was, as Rabbit says, Punch a Baby good. We made it a third of the way through this hike of a meal before our burgers got to us.

Ahh a good burger, it makes me happy. I'm a sucker for onions that are crisp, and these have great flavor and a bit of crunch on a burger that on it's own was flavorful. I'm not sure what they marinate or spice their meat with, but I think I might have to, at some point, slap a hobo to convince them to share their recipe. Rabbits turkey burger, for a turkey burger, was pretty darn good too. I was happy to eat our "short and thick" 'tato wedges with my garlic mayo and random dips in the onions chipotle. I finished my burger, and we ate most of the fries, poor Rabbit could only eat half of her turkey burger (she's a light weight!!!!). Ok to be fair, for $9 each, it's a fair price, these things are huge. My burger filled both of my hands when I ate it, and I have, what the ladies affectionately call "Gorilla Paws."

The part of this adventure that saddens me is two fold. First, we were too full to try ice cream sliders. This made me a sad panda. Second is they have shirts for sale, but in the maroon t-shirt, didn't have my fat-ass-size. I believe they were just out, as it looks like they normally carry a pretty good stock of these.

All and all it's a great place. Over on Tropicana between Las Vegas Boulevard and Paradise, off on the north side, tucked in with some random resort.
Totally worth the "Shell World," to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment