January 23, 2010

Burgers Part 2

CreAte. Just the name makes you think "Eat your Face." This place has custard, so it gets extra points in my book. It's another very modern place. I've spoken to the owner, who is a great, chill kind of guy, and I like a lot of what they are going for here. They are all for the environment, so the plates, utensils, and cups are all washable, the napkins are recycled, and they recycle what they can. As for atmosphere, it's almost like Starbucks meets Industrial. The walls are decorated, there is a lot of seating, and it's mostly chill to be at.

Walk in and look at the columns of burger choices, and things are happy to start with. I normally go with the Medieval, which is apple smoked bacon, burger, and BBQ sauce. I go sans tomatoes since I believe they are still, at least while uncooked, poisonous death apples.

Rabbit quite often makes her own, using their supplied paper with more circling of choices, to mix and match what ever is filling her pretty little head at the time. This often leads to interesting flavors and happiness, in her pants. Don't ask, she squees and I don't want details, most of the time.

Throw in some sweet potato fries, and fresh ice tea, and I'm good to dance and eat and eat and eat and eat.

The thing that wins this place over (besides the custard, because who doesn't love rich frozen custard!?), is just the pure amount of choices. Seriously this place has some 30+ choice of sauces alone. Throw on the 20+ choices of toppings, something like 8 cheeses, and you can make a LOT of decisions about something horribly simple: Charred Animal Flesh In your Mouth!

Up until I tried the Grind this was my favorite burger joint, and now it's a toss up between the two. CreAte loses out, for me, because it's across town off Lake Mead and Tenaya, way out in North West land, while I'm fairly central.

So far the sweet potato fries are beyond compare, and the staff is always happy and fun. Another great place to nom burgers and be a happy carnivore. Potatoes count as meat, don't forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment