February 28, 2011

Wendy's take two

To emphasize the greatness of this joint, we went back the next week.
Now I don't do that normally. I'd rather not spend my time trekking across the Las Vegas valley for the same food twice in a seven day period. But for this place, we did. Our choice that night was Apple Bees (the on in our neighborhood has an unbalanced number of attractive women working there, other wise I wouldn't go back), or Wendy's. Twenty two minutes and nineteen seconds later we were walking in to be greeted by an excited staff who remembered us.

Once more I got the Hong Kong style ice tea.
Rabbit forgot to explain the joys of this.
It's sweet tea, with two huge lemon slices that you mulch in the glass. It's like a sweet Arnold Palmer, if Arnold Palmers tasted good.
I was fighting off a cold that had me down for the count for two days, so I got the closet thing to chicken noodle soup I could, and it turned out to be almost a Chicken Pho. For those that know me, you know Pho and I are close friends, we cuddle on cold rainy days when nobody is looking. This was no exception. It was lightly spiced, had a good broth, and large amounts of chicken. I was a happy monkey.
Rabbit got a chicken chow mein with pan fried noodles and mushrooms. It was so good that I risked sharing my cold with Rabbit to eat off her plate as well (and crispy noodles always make soup better, right?).
Onto dessert.
I can't remember what I got, being I keep going the tame route. The first time there I got their version of mochi which is served with red beans and a sweet sauce, and I liked it but it was a bit, tame.
This time I got, I think, nothing. Wait. No.. I got this green ice cream that was, sadly, not really impressive and apparently to my lovely co-writer, tasted like Neman Marcus back in the 80's. It wasn't bad, just, unimpressive next to hers.
Rabbit got this layered Neapolitan-esque dessert of DOOM! Think phyllo dough layered with fruits and sweetness. That's all this was. Layers of sweet cream, fruit, and crunchy dough. It was awesome.

So, if you're in the neighborhood, and want great service and damn good food, get there.
Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment