February 28, 2011

Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?!

That makes me laugh, only because I've heard it in person so many times.
Lindo Michoacan fits the bill as a good little place, though a bit pricey, to try something good and new.
The staff was fairly efficient, considering there were two large groups in when we got there. First, I love any place that will stuff me full of chips and salsa. Carbs are my kryptonite. That and Rabbit got me this cheesy goodness that I think the gods have named "Queso Fundito" which considering my complete child like understanding of Spanish, I believe means "Cheese of Fun." It was gooey and cheesy and went great with salsa.

Onto the main course Miss Rabbit got these gi-huge-ant chicken chimichangas that were wonderful. But they paled next to my soup. It was this goat soup that was cooked in beer, not water. It was a HUGE bowl, so much that I took some home for lunch the next day. It's a red brothed, tender, spicy, flavorful party in my mouth, and the goat was invited.

I don't know your experience with goat, but mine is hit and miss. I've cleaned up after goats, I know what these things eat, so I don't blame anyone on that. But this was fall apart in my mouth wonderful. Birria de Chivo (Cabrito) is what it's called on the menu, but in my mouth it's called "Daddy," errr.. "Good."

Dessert, well, we went the "Choose your own adventure" route and picked the best picture we could find.
Because it was on fire.

We didn't even look at the name (And I'm not seeing it on the online menu) but it was Ice-Cream, crunchy bits, some sort of cake, and FIRE.
There is one down side. We couldn't figure out how to put the fire out (it takes a person on either side, and a HUGE blast of lung power, so you smokers beware), so it was a little charred when we got to eating it. But under the charcoal it was still an awesome dessert to finish off a great meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment