April 9, 2010

Across the Pond and around the corner.

We all know I love food that isn't from our own country. Ok, we'll be honest, I like all food, which is why I'm more than happy to share my love of it with you.

This weeks installment on this old hou..s... Wrong show again, sorry! Onto a better start: So I needed a beer, and Rabbit needed comfort food. So we go to where nobody knows my name, but there are way too many beers, and an English Breakfast: Crown and Anchor Pub. Now at this point I'm not 100% sure this is only in Vegas, but honestly? For the Vegas Natives, I think everyone has gone here at least once.

Be warned this place is normally fairly busy so service can be a bit slow, and hectic. But it's worth it. In a room that's dimly lit with beer signs around the room (It is a lovely day for a Guinness, I might add), on a slightly wobbly table (because I seem to always get that table), your food will make you want to bow to the Queen and slap a republican.

I order my beer (a Black and Tan, so really two beers), Rabbit gets her coke/pepsi/normal thing, and we set about reading the menu. I got the Yorkshire Pudding, because I'm used to getting it and it being like a small pot pie, Rabbit got some Mozzarella Sticks, because that's how she rolls, for starts.
Ok the pudding here is it's own dish of meat-loving-goo and a big ass chunk of bread, and a glob of peanut butter/honey mix that all goes together and makes me gyrate my hips at the scary Gun Store employees that were in the same room with us.

For Dinner, I had a British Burger (Stilton cheese makes the difference here), and Rabbit had a Pastie. Now I hadn't had stilton cheese before, turns out it's kind of like bleu cheese, good thing I enjoy that. A Pastie is meat and veggie in a flaky dough bun thing.
And awesome burger and a gread flaky pot pie type thing. At least in my not-so-humble-I'll-punch-a-baby opinion


The food here is always awesome, they have random specials. music, darts, it's an English Pub in Vegas. Go eat there.
Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment